IMAGINE A FARMER WHO……
- gets real time price information and doesn’t have to deal with brokers
- sells his/her produce to the ready local and international market via mobile phone.
- gets farm inputs offer updates at reach
- reaches and track down the progress of his clients via click of a button
- does campaign management and support subsidized and increase his sales and customer loyalty
AND A BUYER WHO…..
- that gets farm produce information from various markets
Kenya’s M-Farm, developed by an all-girl team of developers, allows farmers to group together through their mobile phones to offer exporters and big retailers large quantities of crops. Farmers connected through M-Farm can also save on the cost of inputs such as fertilizers and pesticides by buying in bulk.
MFarm Solution to Cooperatives and Suppliers
1. Market Price Inquiry
- The farmers inquire current market prices of different crop from regions or specific markets via SMS. This assist farmers getting a higher bargain platform/power and being aware of market prices before they market their produce.
2. Web/SMS Customer Relationship Management
- This particular module is target for cooperatives and big suppliers that want to manage their clients queries and response. It is a web based application that connects with SMS from clients and by a click of a button the administrator can reply ti a group of clients via SMS. The application is customized according to clients needs .
MFarm Solution to Farmers and Retailers
1. Selling together
- In order to get a platform in the market, the farmers need to produce large quantities and sell to exporters,large scale retailers among other buyers. Through M-Farm the farmers/suppliers will connect to the buyers/market via sms.
- Send sms to 3535 to get market prices for fresh produce in Kenya
- SMS format: price crop location. Example: price potatoes Nairobi
2. Buying together
- Grouped farmers get connected to suppliers hence get 30 to 50 percent off the farm input such as fertilizers, pesticides,equipments among others the suppliers have to offer. This will be done via sms through M-Farm.
3. Mapping farmers
- Via our website the market will get to view farmers directory which will include their crops they produce, production rate and location. Through this the farmers can be able to expand the visibility of their farms and business world wide.
FOR MORE INFORMATION – CLICK HERE
- market prices of fresh produce in kenya